WE ARE HERE PROTESTING IN THE BELLY OF THE BEAST FOR GOOD REASON!
This Economic System is the inhumane Corporate BEAST that actually provokes the making of WAR, and military domination, for the making of PROFIT!
This is the same Corporate BEAST that vandalizes our Planet Earth and is indifferent to the anguished cries of its inhabitants!
Listen Up Corporations! The Ethical People of Earth will begin now to teach YOU how to behave ethically; your shameful unethical behavior has tormented us long enough, and we see that you need, first of all, a VALUES adjustment!
HUMAN BEINGS THEMSELVES ARE OF GREATER VALUE THAN IS THE MAKING OF PROFITS!
Simply: PEOPLE ARE MORE IMPORTANT THAN PROFITS!
Take these long-overdue messages to your board meetings! Consider the myriad ways in which more humane values can be incorporated into your decision-making! Act upon these values in an appropriate manner! The Ethical People of the World are watching you and will judge you by Ethical standards.
First of all, a lesson in ECONOMICS 101: an Economic System will NOT control the People; the People will control its OWN Economic System!
HERE ARE THE CRITERIA BY WHICH WE WILL JUDGE YOU! WE WILL PERIODICALLY ISSUE OUR OWN RATINGS ON YOUR PERFORMANCE! WE WILL PUBLICIZE THE RESULTANT RATINGS ALL AROUND THE WORLD!
1. You will first of all, be observant of, and abide by, the principles of The Universal Declaration of Human Rights, which was promulgated under the direction of Eleanor Roosevelt and the United Nations in 1946. Copies of this Document are hereby attached for your information.
2 You will be observant of, and abide by, International Labor Standards. These standards will not vary, as regards the treatment and safety of the workers; however, wages and forms of compensation will vary greatly around the world. Hereby is exercised the fatal flaw in the Capitalist system! Pitting workers against each other, and abandoning the loyal, in favor of ever cheaper labor, for the purpose of increasing profits, is unethical. In time, we will work toward an International Minimum Wage, in the effort to standardize human wellbeing and to eliminate starvation and poverty.
Meanwhile, we will judge you and rate you by your performance in this major arena. Contrary to assertions by those who refuse to tax the rich, there is NO trickle-down benefit to the working people from the distorted profits that you rake-off at the top! This is a fallacy! The major portion of the profits go to non-laboring investors, and to corporate officials. This skew does NOT provide re-investment mechanisms or provide needed employment.
3. You will be observant of, and abide by the scienfically established observations and warnings about the imminent dangers of Global Warming and Climate Change. There exists a screaming need for the protection of Earth and its natural systems. This urgency would regard all of the following, and more: the desecration and pollution of Earth's atmosphere, biosphere, oceans, fresh water systems, endangerment of species, desertification of arable lands, promulgation of toxic chemicals, and ownership and patenting of natural plant species, etc.
4. Each of you in the corporate world, whether an investor, or an active decision maker, may have children who will tomorrow inherit what is left of this Earth and its worried economic systems. We concerned Ethical People of Earth implore you each to give sincere exploration and consideration to the long-range dangerous, even disasterous consequences of choices made in your name and by your corporate decisions, though they may perhaps be unintended.
5. The Ethical Compliance Rating System that we intend to employ will begin to serve as its OWN BENEFIT, and to give your operation the International Stamp of Approval that will ultimately be of MORE VALUE to you in the eyes of the world than are the required postings of quarterly results that you would hope would boast of tangible monetary
6. If you do business of any kind in the US, or you are listed on a US Stock exchange, you will be required to PAY PROPER TAXES in this country. There will be no exceptions. Off-shore bases for US corporations will be a thing of the past. Forget the Cayman Islands! Also the long-abused legal loophole of allowing Corporations the priviledge of PERSONHOOD in the Courts will be tightened like a noose! Corporations are NOT PERSONS! They are business entities only, consisting of business interests! Free speech is for Persons!
7. In the US, the various State's Attorneys General, are the bodies that are in a position to actually approve applications for incorporation. These States will establish NEW CRITERIA reflecting the above serious Ethical considerations, and will be in a position to REVOKE for violations. These State bodies will also require a periodic RENEWAL of corporate entities, designed for the express purpose of reviewing corporate performance in
light of these new Ethical criteria. Even in Delaware!
8. Citizens United notwithstanding, Corporations WILL NOT BE ALLOWED, under severe penalty, to thwart our democratic processes by skewing elections for public office. The oft-quoted quip that in the US, we have the best form of government that MONEY CAN BUY, IS NOT FUNNY! There'll be no bundling of funds, nor PAC money, nor corporate money, nor flagrant influence peddling via Lobbying. Elected officials are often cowed by the consideration that vested interests will fund the opposition party for the purpose of "taking them out" if they do NOT VOTE IN FAVOR of the corporate vested interests. This maneuver itself affects the balance of powers in disasterous ways in this country, and prevents the truer best interests of its People from being represented. Laws regarding the
regulation of military, banking, energy, housing, health, and innumerable other vested interests can all be adversely affected by this un-balanced influential power. War and threats of War are lucrative industries.
IF PEACE WERE PROFITABLE, WE WOULD HAVE PEACE!
9. Inasmuch as much of the funding used for campaigning goes to expensive advertising, this link must be diffused. With enlightened pressure from the People, Congress will begin to enact Laws that provide PUBLIC MONEY for the
functioning of the Electoral System itself, both national and state-wide. All Public TV, Public Radio and Cable Companies' Public Access Stations will be REQUIRED to air campaign speeches, presentations and debates, thereby providing a proper FREE FORUM for all campaigning in an equitable manner. This will also thereby deprive the Corporate Media of its vested interest in this lucrative practice, which now, with its particular bias and skew, unduly influences PUBLIC OPINION!
10. If Capitalism is to remain the prevailing Economic System in this country, then the Voices of the aroused Ethical People of Earth will be heard! More specifically, the voting patterns of the aroused Ethical People of the US, will see to it that its Economic system becomes a model of concern for the wellbeing of planet Earth and for its inhabitants. The system will adhere to ethical considerations, that involve protection of our critical environment and our atmosphere. It will give proper consideration to providing equitable employment, and especially for the development of alternative energy sources. This awakened and more Ethical economic system will begin to be known as "Capitalism with a Conscience."
11. The knee-jerk prejudice, born of a century of propaganda, against the word "SOCIAL" is an unreasonable allergy. The word means...including the WHOLE FAMILY, or the community. This means taking care of the children, the elderly, the ill, the students, the unemployed, the immigrant, even the prisoner, all who are justifiably considered part of the HUMAN FAMILY simply by being HUMAN! No one is UN-deserving. Regardless of what name we call our economic system or our political system, the adhering to ANY KIND OF "ISM," AT ALL, MUST RESPECT individual human beings with regard to their wellbeing.
Various ethnic, race, religious, and regional prejudices still prevail in this Land of the Free! WHO IS THE ENEMY? Often-times we have an "enemy-du-jour!" Who shall we be encouraged to hate today? We insist that no segment of the World's population should be stigmatised! Those who are deemed to be enemies and accused must be brought to a fair trial in a court of justice! No one should ever be a victim of "targeted assassination!" Nor should any one on the face of this Earth be killed as "collateral damage!" Perhaps the REAL enemy is a military mind-set, and a shameful bent for world domination!
As for the century-old FEAR of "Social-ISM" which equates in some minds as totalitarianism or fascism, was originally a movement of The People against a ruthless regime and its Czar. A similar movement by The People against a King, way back in 1776, should be familiar to us? The movement launched in 1917 demanded respect for The Workers! Thwarting labor and proper pay has been a major occupation of the Capitalist Economic system for most of this century. Unfortunately, CHEAP LABOR is its hallmark! This is one of the methods by which this system increases profits! An endless supply of Hungry People in this world are eager to be "exploited" by those with full bellies.
12. Initiating any or all of these criteria will go a long way to create a more Ethical World situation, and might even help to promote democracy! The FOLLOWING suggestions are toward THAT end: let's promote democracy!
HOW TO FORM A MORE PERFECT UNION
Here are thoughts and ideas that will enhance and promote the original intent of our Founding Fathers. However, at that time no Mothers or minority
persons were consulted in this process, constituting some of its first major flaws, that needed to be rectified. This is an ongoing process. The ideals of a democratic society are gaining momentum! This is a work in progress.
Subject: THIS IS HOW YOU FIX CONGRESS!!!!
The 26th Amendment (granting the right to vote for 18 year olds) took only 3 months & 8 days to be ratified! Why? Simple! The people demanded it. That was in 1971...before computers, before e-mail, before cell phones, etc. Of
the 27 Amendments to the Constitution, seven (7) took 1 year or less to become the law of the land...all because of public pressure.
Congressional Reform Act of 2011
1. No Tenure / No Pension. -- A Congress member collects a salary while in
office and receives no pay when they are out of office.
2. Congress members (past, present & future) participate in Social Security. All
funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to the Social Security system
immediately. All future funds flow into the Social Security system and Congress
members participate with the American people. It may not be used for any other
3. Congress members can purchase their own retirement plan, just as all Americans do.
4. Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise. Congressional pay will rise
by the lower of CPI or 3%.
5. Congress members lose their current health care system and participate in the same
health care system as the American people.
6. Congress members must equally ABIDE BY ALL LAWS they impose on the American people.
7. All contracts with past and present Congress members are void effective Jan.1, 2012.
The American people did not make these contracts with Congress members. Congress
members made all these contracts for themselves. Serving in Congress is an honor, not
a career. The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, so ours should serve their
term(s), then go home and back to work.
Some important suggestions that should be part of the NEXT Reform Act:
1. Congress members' terms shall be limited to ONE TERM only; they may run
for the same, or another office again, after 4-years out-of-office. This is
to prevent entrenchment of power; a representative should concentrate on
acting in the best interest of their constituents and the American People,
and not have to worry about re-election, or fear that the opposition will be
2. The writers of the United States Constitution gathered by
horseback from great distances to convene for lawmaking. Representative
government was the necessary choice. Today almost everyone has a hand-held
electronic device, that would enable those who are registered to vote, to
cast their votes with a simple thumbprint. This must be equitably accessible
by all. These votes would then feed into an UNTAMPERABLE electronic tallying
system. We can thereby develop, at long last, a DIRECT DEMOCRACY, of, by and for
the People...the original vision and ideal...that has been corrupted by powerful
corporate and moneyed interests that stifle and override the will and the wishes
of the People.
3. For the same reason...that of time, distance and
extreme difficulty of communication...the ELECTORAL COLLEGE SYSTEM was
devised, in which a state- by-state, "winner-takes-all" tallying, totally
thwarts the people's popular vote, and completely upsets the true wishes of
the voters. It is obsolete! It will be discontinued in favor of a DIRECT
POPULAR VOTING SYSTEM.
4. The amassing of campaign contributions does NOT insure the nomination or
ELECTION OF ETHICAL LEADERS, worse, it is absolutely
Contrary to a Supreme Court decision, unlimited and foreign investment into
the American electoral system will NOT BE ALLOWED!
Contributions must be limited to modest amounts (to be determined) from
individuals ONLY...with severe penalties for skewing the process with
deceptive "funneled" moneys.
5. The TWO-PARTY SYSTEM is not in the best interests of a true democracy in
which varied points of view should be addressed. Alternative Parties can
never GAIN A MAJORITY because voters rightly fear that diverting votes from
one major party will allow the opposition party to win. This simple math. A
remedy to this problem will be a federal law that prohibits unreasonable state
and local requirement barriers to Alternative Parties, and further, requires specific
coalition-building by allowing a voter to register a FIRST CHOICE under a specific
banner such as Labor Party or Anti-Nuclear Party, etc., and then A SECOND
"UMBRELLA CHOICE" on a same ballot without wasting a precious vote. In
representation in Congressional bodies, an elected official will then be cognizant
of, and be directly responsive to, the various COALITION PARTIES that put them into
What will the voices of The People say in these times of protest?
Let's hear from others...........