Let's start a list of resources that could help organize and facilitate face to face conversation and action.

Views: 243

Replies to This Discussion

Blocks's work has been a big influence on me and I have taken some steps to incorporate his thinking into the Cafe. I could see us explicitly using the six conversations for a regular series of calls. I have experience working with them, as do so e others that have helped with our cafe calls from time to time.

I have not participated in the calls yet. Will I find out about them here?

While I have participated in many of these "online communities" so far none them have sourced genuine caring relationships. One of the things I like about Peter's work is that each person seems to come forward on their own inside of the community that is present at that moment. I am looking forward to using it over time face to face in my community to see what happens then.

Hey Ron, well dang, "like minds" and all that.   Didn't know you were up to this.  We started a similar thing down here last year and have had 5 "dinners" so far.  we've been working on a framework to take it larger, even registering the domain occupythekitchen.com a while back. I was going to propose it here but you've already got it down so lets get a cup of coffee and launch this puppy.

I've been meaning to connect with you about this - let's get together soon

not sure what you are going for here Ron..is skype face to face?

also I am cosidering all "caucuses" and town meetings such opportunities and am even planing to go the Republican cucus with a message of fcusing on island needs and things we are concered about at federal and state levels instead of on party affilitaio and then collectively trying to find the right person we can trust for each elected oposition coming up in 2012.  I am going with the messgae that I would even vote for a "rpublicna' if its the right perso and we know they will not become or are creature of the party machine. 

Meanwhile the folk I had mentioned at Ben's inquiry o dinig room table talks would be very interested,especially with a skype facilitated Occupy Cafe host.

I am not clear how this relates to the discussion Ben started.

I often get the feeling that what we input here is used elsewhere..that there's something else going o that we here at the cafe aren't part  of...

These harvesting things you stewards set up make it diffcult to track what input is wanted where ad for what purpose. 

There might be too many things going on this thread?

I started this thread only to gather resources for dining table conversations. I don't see why skype couldn't be incorporated.

Ben started another thread, I think anticipating the time to move the "face to face" conversation forward. I think the only thing that is going on is ongoing discussion on how to move this conversation forward.

My interest is helping facilitate this. I'm not sure what else you might be referring to in your question about what I am going for?

RSS

Weekly Cafe Calls

Regular Calls are no longer being held.  Below is the schedule that was maintained from the Fall of 2011 through Jan 10, 2013.

Mondays
"Vital Conversations" 

8-10a PDT | 11a-1p EDT | 3-5p GMT 

Tuesdays (except 10/16)
"Connect 2012"

1-3p PDT | 4-6p EDT | 8-10p GMT

Thursdays
"Occupy Heart" 

3-5p PDT | 6-8p EDT | 10p-12a GMT

Latest Activity

Clay Forsberg posted a blog post

"Happy Birthday Occupy Wall Street ... thoughts on Year One"

Fifteen years ago, I ran across a book, "100 Most Influential People in History," during one of my dalliances to my local Marin County bookstore. "Influential People" was one man's assessment on exactly that. But how he determined his rankings was the interesting part. They weren't always the reasons you would think. But after thinking about it, they made complete sense. For example:George Washington was ranked in the top 40 of all time. Understandable. But the reason why ... not so much. You…See More
Sep 20, 2012
Clay Forsberg is now a member of Occupy Cafe
Sep 20, 2012
Vic Desotelle posted a group
Thumbnail

Leadership Ecology

When a Leadership Ecology occurs, a web of relationships emerges revealing each person’s authentic leadership qualities through the transfer of their power to others. When done in a conscious way – a shared collaborative awakening happens.See More
Feb 6, 2012
Vic Desotelle posted a blog post
Feb 3, 2012

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2024   Created by Occupy Cafe Stewards.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service